Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Why does it always rain in Kunming?

Our second visit to Kunming and it was raining again. As YuppieNomad pointed out, we had somehow designated it an errand-running city, and while that generally is not very exciting in itself, the rain didn't do much to lift our spirits.

M for meat or mother. A for apple. L for love. A for apple. R for red. I for ice cream. A for apple. No, I don't have malaria. I want to prevent it. I am speaking Chinese. So, perhaps needless to say, our quest for anti-malaria meds in Kunming was unsuccessful, despite a visit even to a local Chinese hospital. I don't like hospitals to begin with and believe me, I never want to see one like that again.

Kunming did have some redeeming moments, though. We did eventually get our Lao visas --and for the right dates-- after chasing down the consulate people in their rooms. We also visited the food court-esque place we had discovered the last time that has booths featuring foods from different parts of China (plus Korea). And, we found a place to have sushi after having talked about it many days previously. "Maybe in Kunming," YuppieNomad kept saying. Well, our hopes were realized. [Yes, we live a tough life.] At any rate, it was definitely a good last meal to have before the long bus rides to Lao.

No comments: