Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The little piece of heaven...

that is the world of kids' books is where I now get to live for at least part of my new job. :)

I'm in the process of choosing the reading lists for my classes this Fall and am gloriously poring through whatever books I can get a hand on and racking my memory for good reads from the past twenty-some years. Suggestions, anyone?

Of course, in my time of need, I'm discovering that Hong Kong bookstores are pretty much a barren desert when it comes to kids' books, carrying only one or two copies of anything -- if I'm even lucky enough to find what I'm looking for. Next time anyone visits, I'm placing a massive book order -- be forewarned. I think it may finally be time to start re-building my home library...

2 comments:

j.fisher said...

dude.. what? come to SF to visit and we can browse all the bookstores? (they stay open really late!)

C said...

i would LOVE to!

separately, i'm probably going to read my side of the mountain this semester with my kids -- that's for you!